Time Warner Cable will move its Northeast Sales Operations Center from other markets in New York and Maine to Colonie, NY, a suburb of Albany. In addition to relocating 135 inbound sales positions to the facility, the company also plans to move 200 outbound sales jobs and hire 50 new support and managerial staff members.
Time Warner has signed a long-term lease for an 85,000-square-foot building at 337 New Karner Road. The lease of the vacant structure, along with extensive renovation plans will result in an economic investment of more than $10 million.
The new center is expected to be operational later this year, with full transition finalized by early 2012.
The Northeast Sales Operations Center will serve residential customers in upstate New York, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Maine where Time Warner offers TV, phone and Internet services. It will focus on enhancing the customer experience, managing product sales, appointment follow up and customer outreach.
Time Warner Cable selected the Albany location for its northeast center after extensive research that confirmed the area’s favorable real estate costs, ease of travel and accommodating environment for the company’s sales market leadership.
“Our expanded presence on New Karner Road reinforces our local commitment to this community and solidifies the Capital Region as an important regional hub for Time Warner Cable,” said John Quigley, area vice president of Albany operations.
Time Warner Cable currently employs over 1,200 locally in the Capital District and over 9,100 across New York State.
Jennifer Holick, a spokeswoman for Time Warner, said the company has not yet received government assistance for establishing the new sales headquarters, but it is investigating opportunities available through the state.
You might like:
- 1,000th Michigan Business Lands Energy Incentives
- California, Illinois, Texas Lead The Charge Toward A Modernized Power Grid
- AvePoint Expanding In Richmond And Arlington County, Virginia
- Super Bowl 50 To Generate Over $220M For San Francisco Bay Area
- Grid Stars
- Valmiera Glass To Invest $90M In Georgia
- Indiana Electrical Grid Management Firm Adding 80+ Jobs
- Sustainable Corrugated Investing $15M In Georgia
- Rapid Growth Leads 2U To New Maryland HQ
- Olympus Will Build National Service Center in Bartlett, TN
- Illinois Is Top State For LEED Green Building
- Icy Hot
- Walking the Walk
- Business Facilities LiveXchange Announces 2016 Keynote Panel
- Daimler Trucks To Invest $22.7M In SC Freightliner Facilities