Time Warner Cable will move its Northeast Sales Operations Center from other markets in New York and Maine to Colonie, NY, a suburb of Albany. In addition to relocating 135 inbound sales positions to the facility, the company also plans to move 200 outbound sales jobs and hire 50 new support and managerial staff members.
Time Warner has signed a long-term lease for an 85,000-square-foot building at 337 New Karner Road. The lease of the vacant structure, along with extensive renovation plans will result in an economic investment of more than $10 million.
The new center is expected to be operational later this year, with full transition finalized by early 2012.
The Northeast Sales Operations Center will serve residential customers in upstate New York, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Maine where Time Warner offers TV, phone and Internet services. It will focus on enhancing the customer experience, managing product sales, appointment follow up and customer outreach.
Time Warner Cable selected the Albany location for its northeast center after extensive research that confirmed the area’s favorable real estate costs, ease of travel and accommodating environment for the company’s sales market leadership.
“Our expanded presence on New Karner Road reinforces our local commitment to this community and solidifies the Capital Region as an important regional hub for Time Warner Cable,” said John Quigley, area vice president of Albany operations.
Time Warner Cable currently employs over 1,200 locally in the Capital District and over 9,100 across New York State.
Jennifer Holick, a spokeswoman for Time Warner, said the company has not yet received government assistance for establishing the new sales headquarters, but it is investigating opportunities available through the state.
You might like:
- 3D Systems Expanding In Tennessee
- Amazon Adding Two New Fulfillment Facilities In California
- Business Report: Illinois Leaders Form Non-Profit to Spur Job Creation
- Industry Focus: Aerospace Sector Is Flying High Again
- Data Cowboys
- Kansas City Launches “Smart City” Initiative
- Leading FDI Experts Analyze Global Trends At LiveXchange
- Michigan Hot Dog Maker To Expand, Hire 140 Workers
- Chicago Celebrates Technology Startup Hub Expansion, 700 New Tech Jobs
- Last Chance
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Salesforce To Grow Regional HQ, Add 800 Jobs In Indiana
- State Focus: New York – Accelerating Biotech Innovation In The Empire State
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- SIG SAUER Moving Ammunition Manufacturing To Arkansas
- Two-Way Street