Toy making giant, Hasbro Inc. will expand in downtown Providence, Rhode Island with a $24 million investment. The project is expected to bring more than 250 jobs over the next three years.
According to Wayne Charness, a senior vice president at Hasbro, some employees will be relocated from the company headquarters in Pawtucket to the new 15 LaSalle Square address, formerly occupied by Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island.
The company, whose products include Monopoly, Transformers, and Beyblade, is receiving up to $1.6 million in tax breaks from the state as part of the development.
“Hasbro’s expansion is part of the company’s continued emergence as a leading branded play and family entertainment company,” the state Economic Development Corporation said in a news release. “The move will further bolster the growing knowledge economy in Providence and will be a significant addition to the creative and technological talent base already flourishing around the city’s Knowledge District.”
You might like:
- Amazon Adding Two New Fulfillment Facilities In California
- Business Report: Illinois Leaders Form Non-Profit to Spur Job Creation
- Industry Focus: Aerospace Sector Is Flying High Again
- Data Cowboys
- Leading FDI Experts Analyze Global Trends At LiveXchange
- Kansas City Launches “Smart City” Initiative
- Chicago Celebrates Technology Startup Hub Expansion, 700 New Tech Jobs
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Michigan Hot Dog Maker To Expand, Hire 140 Workers
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Last Chance
- Salesforce To Grow Regional HQ, Add 800 Jobs In Indiana
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- Two-Way Street
- SATA Group Building New Plant In Texas
- Insitu To Open Commercial UAS Facility At MSU