Daniel Defense Plans Facility in SC
Gov. Nikki Haley, the South Carolina Department of Commerce and the Lowcountry Economic Network have announced that Daniel Defense Inc. will establish its new manufacturing facility in Jasper County. The more than $5.3 million investment is expected to generate 100 new jobs.
“We are pleased to locate our new operations in South Carolina and look forward to starting production there. Jasper County offered us a positive business environment and had a facility that would suit our needs. We appreciate all the support we have received from state and local officials,” said President and CEO Marty Daniel.
Daniel Defense Inc. will open its second manufacturing facility, the company’s first in South Carolina, in a pre-existing building in Jasper County. Daniel added, “With 90,000 square feet of manufacturing and office space, we are poised to continue to grow our brand in the U.S. firearms industry, international firearms Industry, DoD manufacturing and strategic business relationships. Our goal is to build the best firearms in the world and we view this investment as a key milestone toward achieving that goal. The company expects to have the facility in operation by December 1, 2011.”
“One hundred new jobs in Jasper demonstrates our administration’s commitment to rural areas, and Daniel Defense is an example of a good quality partner for South Carolina that we are excited to welcome and support for many years to come,” said Gov. Nikki Haley.
“South Carolina continues to show itself as extremely competitive for companies looking to set up new operations. The decision by Daniel Defense to locate its new facility in South Carolina is another sign that our state’s business-friendly climate, skilled workforce and exceptional market access are working to attract investments that create new jobs,” said Bobby Hitt, Secretary of Commerce.
“Daniel Defense is a wonderful addition to our regional economy,” said Gregg Malphrus, chairman of the Lowcountry Economic Alliance. “The company hits right on one of our four target markets and is locating in an existing building. The company is a great fit for the Lowcountry.”
Local officials also believe the company to be a great investment. “Jasper County Council believes job creation to be the number one priority for our council in this economic downturn. We are proud to be a part of this announcement today and welcome the new jobs and capital investment for our citizens,” said Jasper County Council Chairman Leroy Blackshear.
“I am very pleased that Daniel Defense has chosen Ridgeland as the location for its business expansion efforts.” We have all worked together in this community to send the message that we are a business friendly community and our citizens are a tremendous workforce,” said Ridgeland Mayor Gary Hodges. The company will begin hiring for the positions in August 2011.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana