Dannon Invests $88 Million in Ohio Plant
Yogurt maker Dannon will invest $88 million to expand in Minster, OH and add 100 new jobs during the next three years, the Dayton Business Journal reports.
Gov. John Kasich joined company executives this week at the Dannon plant in Auglaize County to announce the project, which will increase production capacity. A release by Gov. Kasich’s office said state incentives, combined with Dannon’s belief in Ohio’s strong workforce, were key factors in the company’s decision to expand in Ohio, rather than in Pennsylvania or Iowa.
The western Ohio site is the largest yogurt manufacturing plant in North America, currently employing 410 workers and producing more than 3 million cups of yogurt per day. Dannon’s investment will expand its current 400,000-square-foot facility in Minster and add machinery and equipment production lines that should be operational by the end of the year.
The Ohio Department of Development offered Dannon a job-creation tax credit of $566,000 and a $460,000 grant to be used for workforce training and new equipment. Dannon is a subsidiary of Paris-based Danone.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open
- The Tree Pods are Coming