Rotana to Build Six New Properties in 2011
Abu Dhabi-based Rotana Hotels will expand its chain with six new properties across the country. Confirmed with Emirates 24/7, the development is expected to create more than 1,000 new jobs in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) by the end of 2011.
“After the opening of Centro Sharjah, we have six new hotels targeted for 2011, across the UAE, including Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Al Ain. By year end, we will be adding 1,200 rooms or 33 hotels to the country’s landscape and a recruitment drive is a natural progression,” said company COO, Omer Kaddouri. “Currently, we are looking at filling in 1,000 new jobs, and that number can only increase.”
Of the six hotel openings, three will be located in the capital, with Centro Al Manhal, Centro Capital Centre and Capital Centre Rotana, adding 953 rooms to Abu Dhabi. Al Ain will also get an addition with the 200-room Hili Rayhaan by Rotana.
Just last month Rotana announced an $800 million investment in the brand.
“We aim to have a hotel in every major Middle Eastern city, and by 2014, we are confident to achieve that and add 9,000 new rooms to this region alone, while adding nearly 18,000 rooms globally,” said Kaddouri.
Rotana hopes to grow at an average of eight hotels per year, one plan being a new hotel in Qatar by the 2022 World Cup.
Despite some of Rotana’s hotels showing a decline due to regional strife, Kaddouri states that some areas have actually benefited.
“After things flared in Egypt, Bahrain and Syria, people started flocking to Dubai and we recorded a 10 per cent occupancy increase this year, which can be attributed to it,” he said.
You might like:
- 1,000th Michigan Business Lands Energy Incentives
- California, Illinois, Texas Lead The Charge Toward A Modernized Power Grid
- AvePoint Expanding In Richmond And Arlington County, Virginia
- Super Bowl 50 To Generate Over $220M For San Francisco Bay Area
- Valmiera Glass To Invest $90M In Georgia
- Grid Stars
- Indiana Electrical Grid Management Firm Adding 80+ Jobs
- Sustainable Corrugated Investing $15M In Georgia
- Olympus Will Build National Service Center in Bartlett, TN
- Rapid Growth Leads 2U To New Maryland HQ
- Icy Hot
- Illinois Is Top State For LEED Green Building
- Megabucks Park
- Daimler Trucks To Invest $22.7M In SC Freightliner Facilities
- Business Facilities LiveXchange Announces 2016 Keynote Panel