Amazon.com plans to add 400,000 square feet to its fulfillment center in Phoenix, creating hundreds of new jobs and expanding the online retailer’s footprint in Arizona to more than 3 million square feet, according to a report in AZCentral.com.
Construction is expected to begin this month and be completed in September, in time for the company’s Christmas rush. Once complete, the facility will cover 1 million square feet, making it one of the larger Amazon fulfillment centers in North America. Amazon now operates three fulfillment centers in the Phoenix area where products are stored and eventually pulled, packaged and shipped to online buyers.
The company is currently seeking candidates for full-time management jobs at its Phoenix and Goodyear facilities that include operations, human resources and technical support.
The Phoenix-area fulfillment centers stock everything from kayaks to capers, and more products are added constantly.
The 600,000-square-foot Buckeye Road facility that has been targeted for expansion opened in 2007. It was followed in 2008 by an 800,000-square-foot facility at 16920 W. Commerce Drive in Goodyear. Amazon’s largest Valley operation, a 1.2 million-square-foot fulfillment center at 4750 W. Mohave St. in Phoenix, was completed last year.
You might like:
- Amazon Adding Two New Fulfillment Facilities In California
- Business Report: Illinois Leaders Form Non-Profit to Spur Job Creation
- Industry Focus: Aerospace Sector Is Flying High Again
- Data Cowboys
- Kansas City Launches “Smart City” Initiative
- Leading FDI Experts Analyze Global Trends At LiveXchange
- Chicago Celebrates Technology Startup Hub Expansion, 700 New Tech Jobs
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Michigan Hot Dog Maker To Expand, Hire 140 Workers
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Last Chance
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Salesforce To Grow Regional HQ, Add 800 Jobs In Indiana
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- Two-Way Street
- State Focus: New York – Accelerating Biotech Innovation In The Empire State
- TeamHealth Expanding In Knoxville, TN