Aluminum Means 100+ Jobs for Indiana
80/20 Inc.—a designer and producer of modular extruded aluminum framing for industrial and home-hobby applications—plans to expand its operations in Columbia City, Indiana, about 125 miles northeast of Indianapolis. According to the Indiana Economic Development Corp. (IEDC), the company will spend upwards of $9.4 million to construct more than 90,000 square feet of additional manufacturing space. The expansion is expected to create up to 110 jobs by 2014.
The IEDC offered 80/20 Inc. up to $500,000 in performance-based tax credits and $200,000 in training grants based on the company’s job creation plans. In addition, the Whitley County Council will consider further property tax abatement at the request of the Whitley County Economic Development Corporation.
Founded in 1989, 80/20 Inc.’s modular aluminum framing components, known as “The Industrial Erector Set,” are configured for safety enclosures, workstations, CNC equipment and exhibits, among other uses. The company currently employs more than 250 associates in the city and already expanded manufacturing and distribution capabilities at the site in 2008 with a $5 million investment and 40 new jobs.
“80/20 Inc. continues to prove that Indiana is a place where businesses can grow and prosper,” said Governor Mitch Daniels. “We look forward to this company’s next growth announcement as each one means more new opportunities for Northeast Indiana workers.”
“Growth in demand for modular framing products has allowed us to expand our operations from a 65,000 square-foot facility in 1996 to over 135,000 square feet now,” said Don Wood, president and chief executive officer of 80/20 Inc. “We are excited, with the help of the state, to be able to further expand our facility as we continue to enter new markets and enjoy great success.”
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- GE To Add 120 Jobs, Invest $7.4M In Iowa Manufacturing Facility