Superior Essex Expands in Tarboro, NC
Superior Essex has been granted a state economic development grant to help fund the construction of a new $58-million manufacturing plant in Tarboro, NC for power cables. According to the company, 116 new jobs will be created within the next five years.
Atlanta-based Superior Essex already has one manufacturing plant in Edgecombe County that has been supplying power cables and metal wires to the industrial and utility industries since 1966. The company already employs 238 people in that facility. The overall average for the new jobs will be $41,289 a year plus benefits, according to Gov. Beverly Perdue’s office. The Edgecombe County average annual wage is $33,176.
The state Economic Investment Committee on April 14 voted to award a Job Development Investment Grant to the company. If Superior Essex meets its hiring and investment goals over the next nine years, the JDIG could yield $1.2 million in benefits for the company.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- GE To Add 120 Jobs, Invest $7.4M In Iowa Manufacturing Facility