Gov. Nikki Haley, the South Carolina Department of Commerce and the Lowcountry Economic Alliance have announced that Be Green Packaging LLC will locate its new manufacturing and distribution facility in Jasper County. The company plans to invest at least $7.3 million and expects to generate at least 175 new jobs over the next five years, with the potential of more jobs and investment added during that time.
“What makes this great is that we said we weren’t going to just focus our economic development and job creation efforts on the cities but also the rural areas that need it the most. Be Green Packaging’s decision to invest more than $7.3 million and create 175 new jobs in our state is exciting news. We’re working every day to make our state the most competitive in the country for business development so that we will continue to see investments like this one,” said Gov. Nikki Haley.
“…The people of this state have the heritage, backgrounds and experience that will provide our company with the skills and resources for producing products made from sustainable plant fibers. The local agricultural community will benefit from Be Green as the crops and byproducts they grow in this region will be used as feedstock in our packaging material,” said Ron Blitzer, co-founder and CEO of Be Green Packaging.
You might like:
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Data Cowboys
- Burn Baby Burn
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Life Sciences Companies Face Talent Crisis
- Duo Security, Inc. Adding 300 Jobs In Michigan
- Amazon.com Expanding In New Jersey
- B. Braun To Add 175 Jobs In Florida
- Thomson Reuters Expanding Texas Operations
- Tennessee Lands New Customer Service Center
- GM Investing Over $788M, Creating 781 Jobs In Tennessee
- Allergan Breaks Ground On $200M Texas Expansion
- ChartSpan Bringing 300 Jobs To South Carolina
- Airbus Expanding In Virginia