Green Packaging LLC Locates in SC
Gov. Nikki Haley, the South Carolina Department of Commerce and the Lowcountry Economic Alliance have announced that Be Green Packaging LLC will locate its new manufacturing and distribution facility in Jasper County. The company plans to invest at least $7.3 million and expects to generate at least 175 new jobs over the next five years, with the potential of more jobs and investment added during that time.
“What makes this great is that we said we weren’t going to just focus our economic development and job creation efforts on the cities but also the rural areas that need it the most. Be Green Packaging’s decision to invest more than $7.3 million and create 175 new jobs in our state is exciting news. We’re working every day to make our state the most competitive in the country for business development so that we will continue to see investments like this one,” said Gov. Nikki Haley.
“…The people of this state have the heritage, backgrounds and experience that will provide our company with the skills and resources for producing products made from sustainable plant fibers. The local agricultural community will benefit from Be Green as the crops and byproducts they grow in this region will be used as feedstock in our packaging material,” said Ron Blitzer, co-founder and CEO of Be Green Packaging.
You might like:
- Feature Story: Georgia Governor’s Report – Georgia’s High-Powered Growth Engine 3155 Views
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings 2006 Views
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners 1862 Views
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders 1839 Views
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment 1809 Views