Birds Eye Expanding in Wisconsin
According to a news release from the Department of Commerce, Birds Eye Foods is planning a $39.4 million expansion in Darien, WI supported by a $1.3 million loan from the Community Development Block Grant Economic Development Program administered by the Department of Commerce.
“I’m pleased to announce a partnership with the Town of Darien to help facilitate the expansion of Pinnacle Foods Group LLC,” Gov. Scott Walker said in the release. “My top priority is to continue to invest in our communities and companies and create good-paying jobs for Wisconsin families.”
Elizabeth Rowland, spokeswoman for Pinnacle Foods, said 127 jobs would be created. The company will use the money to buy equipment, according to the release. The township plans to use it for administration.
Cecil Logterman, town chairman, said the expansion will take place in two phases, he said. Phrase one will involve building a lagoon to handle the wastewater used for washing vegetables. The second will add on to the building itself.
Birds Eye is part of Pinnacle Foods Group, a distributor of dry and frozen food products. Its brands include Birds Eye vegetables, Duncan Hines baking mixes and frostings, Vlasic pickles, and Log Cabin syrups.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open
- The Tree Pods are Coming