Firestone Expands in Prescott, AZ
Firestone Building Products Company is celebrating the expansion of its Prescott manufacturing facility, which will result in 100 new jobs, along with 418 jobs retained. The company will invest $20 million in the expansion, which was announced in January 2011.
In addition to the expansion celebration, which was held at Prescott Elementary School, Firestone Building Products officials also joined local and state leaders at the event to celebrate the opening of the Firestone Science Center at the school. Firestone donated $100,000.00 toward the development of the center, a state-of-the-art facility that will engage and educate elementary school students in the fields of biology, physics, chemistry and other areas of scientific research.
“We have been a proud member of this community for 40 years, and are pleased to be investing in and expanding our plant here in Prescott,” said Ken Weaver, President of Firestone Building Products, and Chairman, CEO and President of Firestone Diversified Products. “We want to be more than a great employer. We want to be an outstanding corporate citizen, and this new Firestone Science Center should be a great enhancement to the school and contribute to the future success of our local students in this community.”
Firestone produces ethylene propylene diene monomer (EPDM), a commercial roofing membrane, at the Prescott facility.
“Firestone’s commitment to this center shows they know the importance of science education and the value of reaching out to students early,” Governor Mike Beebe said. “The Firestone Science Center represents the company’s continued dedication to Prescott and Nevada County, both as an employer and as a corporate citizen.”
“The Firestone Science Center is an innovative and valuable addition to Prescott’s school system, hopefully inspiring a new generation of young scientists,” said U.S. Congressman Mike Ross. “But, today’s dedication celebrates much more than the opening of an important education resource. Today, we celebrate the renewal of a partnership between Firestone and the community of Prescott who have had a long, successful relationship over the past few decades. Firestone has come to realize firsthand what we’ve known all along – that the people and leaders here in Prescott are some of most dedicated, hardest working people around. I’m proud of Firestone for recognizing them by choosing to stay in Prescott, creating new jobs and investing in our children’s education by helping build this science center.”
“The City of Prescott and Nevada County are thankful that Firestone Building Products will continue to expand its operations in our community,” said Prescott Mayor Terry Oliver. “This Expansion and Retention project is a wonderful example of all agencies working together for one common goal. A special thanks to Governor Beebe, Arkansas Economic Development Commission, Congressman Ross, Prescott Economic Development Office, local management at Firestone, Union personnel and the outstanding local Firestone workforce.”
Firestone opened its Prescott manufacturing facility in 1983.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open
- The Tree Pods are Coming