From the Desk of the Editor in Chief
With much of the U.S. shivering under a frozen canopy of snow during the most brutal winter in recent memory, we thought this would be a good time to cover a really hot subject. So this month we present our annual look at a sizzling growth sector, alternative energy.
We invite you to pull up a chair and bask in the rays emanating from dozens of solar energy installations springing up across the country like gophers in Caddyshack. As the heat rises from the red-hot solar sector, it is being circulated by giant wind turbines towering over the landscape from coast to coast. Perhaps the electricity generated by one of these mega-windmills is powering the ultra-efficient light bulbs you installed in your home or office, illuminating these pages as you read them.
Speaking of electricity, the alt-energy revolution also has arrived on America’s highways. Our Snapshots sidebar welcomes the dawn of the electric car era, which promises to send the gas-guzzling internal combustion engine back to the brontosaurus tar pit it emerged from. Fully powered at half the cost of a gallon of gas, these snazzy e-cars probably are sending chills up the spine of OPEC. Even Houston, TX, the capital of Big Oil, is racing to install charging stations across the city at convenient locations including Walgreens and Best Buy parking lots.
Hot stuff, indeed. The forecast calls for a blossoming spring followed by a high-growth summer, and not a moment too soon.
You might like:
- 3D Systems Expanding In Tennessee
- Amazon Adding Two New Fulfillment Facilities In California
- Business Report: Illinois Leaders Form Non-Profit to Spur Job Creation
- Industry Focus: Aerospace Sector Is Flying High Again
- Kansas City Launches “Smart City” Initiative
- Data Cowboys
- Leading FDI Experts Analyze Global Trends At LiveXchange
- Michigan Hot Dog Maker To Expand, Hire 140 Workers
- Last Chance
- Chicago Celebrates Technology Startup Hub Expansion, 700 New Tech Jobs
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- State Focus: New York – Accelerating Biotech Innovation In The Empire State
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- SIG SAUER Moving Ammunition Manufacturing To Arkansas
- Salesforce To Grow Regional HQ, Add 800 Jobs In Indiana
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- Two-Way Street