From the Desk of the Editor in Chief
With much of the U.S. shivering under a frozen canopy of snow during the most brutal winter in recent memory, we thought this would be a good time to cover a really hot subject. So this month we present our annual look at a sizzling growth sector, alternative energy.
We invite you to pull up a chair and bask in the rays emanating from dozens of solar energy installations springing up across the country like gophers in Caddyshack. As the heat rises from the red-hot solar sector, it is being circulated by giant wind turbines towering over the landscape from coast to coast. Perhaps the electricity generated by one of these mega-windmills is powering the ultra-efficient light bulbs you installed in your home or office, illuminating these pages as you read them.
Speaking of electricity, the alt-energy revolution also has arrived on America’s highways. Our Snapshots sidebar welcomes the dawn of the electric car era, which promises to send the gas-guzzling internal combustion engine back to the brontosaurus tar pit it emerged from. Fully powered at half the cost of a gallon of gas, these snazzy e-cars probably are sending chills up the spine of OPEC. Even Houston, TX, the capital of Big Oil, is racing to install charging stations across the city at convenient locations including Walgreens and Best Buy parking lots.
Hot stuff, indeed. The forecast calls for a blossoming spring followed by a high-growth summer, and not a moment too soon.
You might like:
- 1,000th Michigan Business Lands Energy Incentives
- California, Illinois, Texas Lead The Charge Toward A Modernized Power Grid
- AvePoint Expanding In Richmond And Arlington County, Virginia
- Super Bowl 50 To Generate Over $220M For San Francisco Bay Area
- Grid Stars
- Valmiera Glass To Invest $90M In Georgia
- Indiana Electrical Grid Management Firm Adding 80+ Jobs
- Sustainable Corrugated Investing $15M In Georgia
- Olympus Will Build National Service Center in Bartlett, TN
- Rapid Growth Leads 2U To New Maryland HQ
- Illinois Is Top State For LEED Green Building
- Icy Hot
- Walking the Walk
- Business Facilities LiveXchange Announces 2016 Keynote Panel
- Daimler Trucks To Invest $22.7M In SC Freightliner Facilities