Houston, TX approves $60-Million Soccer Stadium
Groundbreaking is planned Saturday for a $60 million stadium for the Houston Dynamo soccer team after city leaders approved an economic development tax zone deal. The Houston City Council on Wednesday approved an ordinance for development, construction, operation and maintenance of the sports and entertainment facility.
The Harris County Houston Sports Authority in December approved an agreement to build the proposed soccer stadium. The venue is scheduled to open in April 2012. The stadium would also be the site for Texas Southern University football games.
The Dynamo currently play at Robertson Stadium at the University of Houston.
You might like:
- Feature Story: Georgia Governor’s Report – Georgia’s High-Powered Growth Engine
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment