Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam has announced that an Ohio-based explosives company is planning to build a manufacturing plant in Greene County, TN that will create 80 new jobs.
Haslam says Austin Powder Inc. plans to invest more than $110 million for a facility to produce liquid ammonium nitrate, which is used as a raw material in the production of blasting agents used in mining and construction.
According to the announcement on Tuesday, the plans call for construction of a five-building complex on the site and the first phase of construction is expected to employ 120 full-time workers.
You might like:
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- Thomson Reuters Expanding Texas Operations
- Data Cowboys
- Amazon.com Expanding In New Jersey
- ChartSpan Bringing 300 Jobs To South Carolina
- Cover Story: Global Biotech Report
- GM Investing Over $788M, Creating 781 Jobs In Tennessee
- Duo Security, Inc. Adding 300 Jobs In Michigan
- Allergan Breaks Ground On $200M Texas Expansion
- B. Braun To Add 175 Jobs In Florida
- Harry’s Fresh Foods Creating Nashville Production Facility
- Battle of the Box
- Airbus Expanding In Virginia
- March / April 2016 Issue (Volume 49, Number 2)
- Texas: Tri-Agency Workforce Initiative Aims To Meet 21st Century Job Needs