Austin Powder Plans Facility in Green County, TN
Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam has announced that an Ohio-based explosives company is planning to build a manufacturing plant in Greene County, TN that will create 80 new jobs.
Haslam says Austin Powder Inc. plans to invest more than $110 million for a facility to produce liquid ammonium nitrate, which is used as a raw material in the production of blasting agents used in mining and construction.
According to the announcement on Tuesday, the plans call for construction of a five-building complex on the site and the first phase of construction is expected to employ 120 full-time workers.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open
- The Tree Pods are Coming