Ashley, IN Snares Two Distribution Centers
Western Power Sports, Inc. has announced it will locate a distribution center in Ashley, creating up to 40 new jobs by 2012.
Western Power Sports is the second company to announce plans to locate a distribution center in the small town of Ashley, Ind. this year. In January, Family Dollar Stores, Inc. said it would start construction on a $70 million, 815,000 square-foot distribution center in the Dekalb County town this spring, creating up to 350 new jobs starting in 2012.
A wholesale distributor of parts and accessories for motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles, snowmobiles, watercraft and bicycles, Western Power Sports will invest $3.8 million to lease and equip an existing facility in Ashley to serve as its distribution center for the Upper Midwest.
“Indiana continues to invest in its world-class logistics infrastructure and it’s paying off – two new companies in Ashley in as many months is a tremendous economic boost for Hoosiers in the Northeast corner of our state,” said Gov. Mitch Daniels.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open
- The Tree Pods are Coming