Oshkosh Corp. is expanding Pierce Manufacturing in Bradenton, FL and Frontline Communications in Clearwater, FL .
The Wisconsin-based company’s fire and emergency segment will relocate two of its businesses — Medtec Ambulances and Oshkosh Specialty Vehicles — and consolidate them with existing business units in Florida, according to a statement issued by the Economic Development Council of the Manatee Chamber of Commerce.
Medtec will be consolidated with Pierce Manufacturing in Bradenton while OSV will merge with Frontline in Clearwater. The expansion involves $5 million in capital improvements and up to 200 new jobs, the statement said.
The planned relocations qualify Oshkosh for up to $1.44 million in economic development incentives.
You might like:
- Thomson Reuters Expanding Texas Operations
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- State Focus – Kansas: The Sunflower State Is Blooming and Booming
- Feature Story: 2016 Economic Development Awards
- Automotive Industry Focus: Hitting On All Cylinders
- Cover Story: Global Biotech Report
- Race to a Smart Future
- Toyota Chooses Ann Arbor For Third U.S. Research Facility
- DH Pace Company Expands Kansas HQ Facility
- Heroic Efforts In California
- Water on the Brain
- Cape Coral Economic Development Office: Location Spotlight of the Week
- GM Investing Over $788M, Creating 781 Jobs In Tennessee
- Axiall, Lotte Invest $3 Billion in Louisiana Chemical Plants
- Monsanto To Invest $975M In Louisiana Expansion
- $25 Million Pledged for Economic Development Partnership in Flint, Michigan Amid Water Crisis
- Auto Supply Manufacturer Adding 80 Jobs In Indiana