Automotive parts supplier ArvinMeritor will invest $23 million in facility and equipment upgrades to its headquarters in Troy, MI.
The company got approval from the Troy City Council this week for personal and real property tax abatements that will total $2.4 million, $454,457 which will be city taxes, over a 12-year period.
ArvinMeritor, which specializes in heavy duty truck, defense and industrial drive train components, will invest $10.7 million in new equipment and $6.4 million in facilities upgrades within the next five years. The upgrades are part of ArvinMeritor’s plans expand its output of hybrid drive train systems and enhanced safety features on defense vehicles, and re-enter the off-highway axle and brake markets.
The upgrades will allow ArvinMeritor to add 125 engineers, designers and technicians to its current staff of 749. The average salary of these new jobs will be $1,185 per week.
You might like:
- 3D Systems Expanding In Tennessee
- Amazon Adding Two New Fulfillment Facilities In California
- Business Report: Illinois Leaders Form Non-Profit to Spur Job Creation
- Industry Focus: Aerospace Sector Is Flying High Again
- Kansas City Launches “Smart City” Initiative
- Data Cowboys
- Leading FDI Experts Analyze Global Trends At LiveXchange
- Michigan Hot Dog Maker To Expand, Hire 140 Workers
- Last Chance
- Chicago Celebrates Technology Startup Hub Expansion, 700 New Tech Jobs
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- State Focus: New York – Accelerating Biotech Innovation In The Empire State
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- SIG SAUER Moving Ammunition Manufacturing To Arkansas
- Salesforce To Grow Regional HQ, Add 800 Jobs In Indiana
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- Two-Way Street