Automotive parts supplier ArvinMeritor will invest $23 million in facility and equipment upgrades to its headquarters in Troy, MI.
The company got approval from the Troy City Council this week for personal and real property tax abatements that will total $2.4 million, $454,457 which will be city taxes, over a 12-year period.
ArvinMeritor, which specializes in heavy duty truck, defense and industrial drive train components, will invest $10.7 million in new equipment and $6.4 million in facilities upgrades within the next five years. The upgrades are part of ArvinMeritor’s plans expand its output of hybrid drive train systems and enhanced safety features on defense vehicles, and re-enter the off-highway axle and brake markets.
The upgrades will allow ArvinMeritor to add 125 engineers, designers and technicians to its current staff of 749. The average salary of these new jobs will be $1,185 per week.
You might like:
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- Leading FDI Experts Analyze Global Trends At LiveXchange
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Data Cowboys
- Burn Baby Burn
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Duo Security, Inc. Adding 300 Jobs In Michigan
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Life Sciences Companies Face Talent Crisis
- Amazon.com Expanding In New Jersey
- Tennessee Lands New Customer Service Center
- B. Braun To Add 175 Jobs In Florida
- Thomson Reuters Expanding Texas Operations
- GM Investing Over $788M, Creating 781 Jobs In Tennessee
- ChartSpan Bringing 300 Jobs To South Carolina
- Allergan Breaks Ground On $200M Texas Expansion