Alaska Expands Development Incentives
Alaska Gov. Sean Parnell submitted four pieces of legislation to encourage increased investment in Alaska’s resource development and create job opportunities for Alaskans.
“We continue to focus on legislation that will create economic opportunities and jobs for Alaskans,” Governor Parnell said.
The governor transmitted a bill to establish a 20 percent tax credit for qualified research and development conducted by corporate taxpayers in Alaska. The proposed legislation would stimulate private-sector investment, entrepreneurial activity, and business expansion in Alaska that will bring opportunity and sustainable long-term benefits to the state.
Gov. Parnell also submitted a bill to enable the Alaska Industrial Development and Export Authority (AIDEA) to invest in projects that promote economic development, including transportation, communications, and intellectual property. The proposed legislation provides greater flexibility for AIDEA to partner with investors in establishing joint investments.
The governor also proposed a bill establishing the Alaska micro-loan revolving fund, the mariculture revolving loan fund, and the commercial charter fisheries revolving loan fund within the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development. The legislation would promote economic development by helping small businesses across the state access critical capital.
Another measure submitted by the governor would allow AIDEA to issue guarantees and make loans to help finance projects funded through a federal new markets tax credit program. Under this legislation, AIDEA would have the ability to help reduce the financing costs for a project to foster more economic development in Alaska, especially in areas with great need for new investment.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open