Multimatic Expands in Northeast Indiana
Automotive components maker Multimatic Inc. plans to expand its northeast Indiana production operation, adding new assembly lines as it aims to create over 200 jobs by 2013—more than tripling employment there.
Toronto-based Multimatic intends to make a “significant investment” in machinery and equipment at its existing 224,000-square-foot facility in the city of Butler, north of Fort Wayne, state economic development officials said Tuesday morning.
Indiana Economic Development Corp. offered Multimatic Indiana as much as $1.5 million in performance-based tax credits and up to $48,500 in training grants based on its job-creation plans. Butler will provide additional property tax abatement at the request of the Dekalb County Economic Development Partnership.
Multimatic’s Butler facility employs more than 80 workers making bumpers, door tracks, suspension components and structural roof bows for customers including Ford, Chrysler and General Motors.
The company, which has over 2,000 employees, plans to begin hiring engineering associates in 2011.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- GE To Add 120 Jobs, Invest $7.4M In Iowa Manufacturing Facility