Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell announced today that ICF International, a global professional services firm, will expand its corporate headquarters in Fairfax County.
According to the Fairfax County Economic Development Authority (FCEDA), ICF is expanding its leased office space to 300,000 square feet for the next 12 years. ICF’s commitment to Fairfax County will result in the investment of $20 million to improve and re-equip its headquarters. The company also plans to create at least 400 jobs over the next three years in Virginia, a majority of them in Fairfax. ICF already has more than 2,500 employees in the region.
“Fairfax County is one of the nation’s most dynamic business communities, which makes it a highly desirable location for ICF’s headquarters. Its proximity to Washington, D.C., available transportation infrastructure and well-educated workforce are key determining factors in ICF’s decision to extend its office lease in the county,” said Sudhakar Kesavan, chairman and CEO of ICF International.
“ICF International is a major employer in Fairfax County and we are delighted to have the opportunity to work with the company as it grows,” said Gerald L. Gordon, Ph.D., president and CEO of the FCEDA. “Professional services companies such as ICF can tap into one of the best-skilled workforces in the world, and their growth here adds to the momentum of business activity we enjoy in Fairfax County.”
The FCEDA worked with the Virginia Economic Development Partnership to secure the project for Virginia. The Commonwealth of Virginia has provided up to $1 million through incentives programs to ICF to retain its headquarters in Fairfax County. The Virginia Department of Business Assistance will provide training assistance through the Virginia Jobs Investment Program. The company is also eligible to receive a Major Business Facility Job Tax Credit.
You might like:
- 3D Systems Expanding In Tennessee
- Amazon Adding Two New Fulfillment Facilities In California
- Business Report: Illinois Leaders Form Non-Profit to Spur Job Creation
- Industry Focus: Aerospace Sector Is Flying High Again
- Data Cowboys
- Kansas City Launches “Smart City” Initiative
- Leading FDI Experts Analyze Global Trends At LiveXchange
- Chicago Celebrates Technology Startup Hub Expansion, 700 New Tech Jobs
- Michigan Hot Dog Maker To Expand, Hire 140 Workers
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Last Chance
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Salesforce To Grow Regional HQ, Add 800 Jobs In Indiana
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- State Focus: New York – Accelerating Biotech Innovation In The Empire State
- Two-Way Street
- TeamHealth Expanding In Knoxville, TN