Anthem Blue Cross Stays in Connecticut
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Connecticut recently announced plans to move its Connecticut headquarters to Wallingford.
“We are pleased that Anthem chose to remain within this region and to become part of Wallingford’s business community,” said Wallingford Mayor William Dickinson, Jr. Anthem signed a 10-year lease with developer Workstage-Connecticut LLC to occupy 217,764 square feet of the 300,000-sq. ft. office building at 108 Leigus Rd., known as the Campus at Green Hill.
The company will move in two phases, with 500 employees relocating by September 2011 and the rest by September 2012.
The Campus at Green Hill was constructed for Mortgage Lenders Inc. which filed for bankruptcy in 2007 during the subprime lending downturn. Workstage will complete the interior of the building to Anthem’s specifications.
Anthem sold its North Haven campus to Quinnipiac University and leased back a portion of it. When Anthem’s lease expires in 2012, Quinnipiac University will proceed with plans to construct a medical school on the site. When completed, Campus at Green Hill will become one of Connecticut’s most environmentally friendly buildings. It was designed as and will be constructed to U.S. Green Building Council LEED standards and allow Anthem and other tenants to lower their carbon footprint. The remaining 70,000 sq. ft. will be available for lease.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future