The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company, an industry leading lawn and garden supplies manufacturer, will invest approximately $17 million to open a plant in Pearl, MS. The 292,000-square foot Gulf Line Road facility will create 95 full-time and 50 seasonal jobs.
Expected to open in January 2011, the 64-acre site—formerly owned by Clorox Company—will produce lawn and garden products, including Scotts, Ortho and Roundup.
The Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) and Rankin County worked closely with Scotts Miracle-Gro and local officials to help facilitate the project and provided assistance through the Jobs Tax Credit program and other tax incentives.
Tom Troxler, Executive Director of Rankin First Economic Development Authority, said the county and city of Pearl courted Columbus, Ohio-based Scotts for a long time. Both local governments tossed in 10-year tax exemptions and the MDA added funding for training.
“The support of state and local leaders played a critical role in our decision to come to Pearl,” said Scotts Senior Vice President of Global Supply Chain Dave Swihart. “We are very excited to come to Pearl and to the Greater Jackson area…locating production closer to where our products are consumed will help us maximize transportation efficiencies for both raw materials and finished product and will let us respond rapidly to customer and consumer needs.”
You might like:
- 1,000th Michigan Business Lands Energy Incentives
- California, Illinois, Texas Lead The Charge Toward A Modernized Power Grid
- AvePoint Expanding In Richmond And Arlington County, Virginia
- Super Bowl 50 To Generate Over $220M For San Francisco Bay Area
- Grid Stars
- Valmiera Glass To Invest $90M In Georgia
- Indiana Electrical Grid Management Firm Adding 80+ Jobs
- Sustainable Corrugated Investing $15M In Georgia
- Olympus Will Build National Service Center in Bartlett, TN
- Rapid Growth Leads 2U To New Maryland HQ
- Illinois Is Top State For LEED Green Building
- Icy Hot
- Walking the Walk: Innovation Summit
- Business Facilities LiveXchange Announces 2016 Keynote Panel
- Daimler Trucks To Invest $22.7M In SC Freightliner Facilities