$17 Million Plant Coming to Rankin County
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company, an industry leading lawn and garden supplies manufacturer, will invest approximately $17 million to open a plant in Pearl, MS. The 292,000-square foot Gulf Line Road facility will create 95 full-time and 50 seasonal jobs.
Expected to open in January 2011, the 64-acre site—formerly owned by Clorox Company—will produce lawn and garden products, including Scotts, Ortho and Roundup.
The Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) and Rankin County worked closely with Scotts Miracle-Gro and local officials to help facilitate the project and provided assistance through the Jobs Tax Credit program and other tax incentives.
Tom Troxler, Executive Director of Rankin First Economic Development Authority, said the county and city of Pearl courted Columbus, Ohio-based Scotts for a long time. Both local governments tossed in 10-year tax exemptions and the MDA added funding for training.
“The support of state and local leaders played a critical role in our decision to come to Pearl,” said Scotts Senior Vice President of Global Supply Chain Dave Swihart. “We are very excited to come to Pearl and to the Greater Jackson area…locating production closer to where our products are consumed will help us maximize transportation efficiencies for both raw materials and finished product and will let us respond rapidly to customer and consumer needs.”
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open
- The Tree Pods are Coming