The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company, an industry leading lawn and garden supplies manufacturer, will invest approximately $17 million to open a plant in Pearl, MS. The 292,000-square foot Gulf Line Road facility will create 95 full-time and 50 seasonal jobs.
Expected to open in January 2011, the 64-acre site—formerly owned by Clorox Company—will produce lawn and garden products, including Scotts, Ortho and Roundup.
The Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) and Rankin County worked closely with Scotts Miracle-Gro and local officials to help facilitate the project and provided assistance through the Jobs Tax Credit program and other tax incentives.
Tom Troxler, Executive Director of Rankin First Economic Development Authority, said the county and city of Pearl courted Columbus, Ohio-based Scotts for a long time. Both local governments tossed in 10-year tax exemptions and the MDA added funding for training.
“The support of state and local leaders played a critical role in our decision to come to Pearl,” said Scotts Senior Vice President of Global Supply Chain Dave Swihart. “We are very excited to come to Pearl and to the Greater Jackson area…locating production closer to where our products are consumed will help us maximize transportation efficiencies for both raw materials and finished product and will let us respond rapidly to customer and consumer needs.”
You might like:
- 3D Systems Expanding In Tennessee
- Amazon Adding Two New Fulfillment Facilities In California
- Business Report: Illinois Leaders Form Non-Profit to Spur Job Creation
- Industry Focus: Aerospace Sector Is Flying High Again
- Data Cowboys
- Kansas City Launches “Smart City” Initiative
- Leading FDI Experts Analyze Global Trends At LiveXchange
- Michigan Hot Dog Maker To Expand, Hire 140 Workers
- Chicago Celebrates Technology Startup Hub Expansion, 700 New Tech Jobs
- Last Chance
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- State Focus: New York – Accelerating Biotech Innovation In The Empire State
- Salesforce To Grow Regional HQ, Add 800 Jobs In Indiana
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- SIG SAUER Moving Ammunition Manufacturing To Arkansas
- Two-Way Street