Whirlpool Investing $120 Million in New TN Plant
Whirlpool Corp. has decided to invest $120 million in a new premium cooking appliances factory in Cleveland, TN, according to a report in the Cleveland Daily Banner.
Al Holaday, vice president, manufacturing operations and quality for Whirlpool Corporation North America, told the Banner the Benton Harbor, MI-based home appliance manufacturer needs a modern facility as it continues to roll out new cooking products and decided to expand its existing operations in Cleveland, TN.
An additional 130 workers who are expected to be hired during the period leading up to the start-up of production in the new facility in Cleveland, TN expected to be sometime in first quarter 2012, he added.
Holaday, a longtime Whirlpool manufacturing and operations leader, addressed a huge crowd of Chamber of Commerce and community economic leaders, Cleveland city and Bradley County government representatives, state legislators and local Whirlpool officials during a gathering in the renovated facilities at the old Hardwick Woolen Mill building.
Whirlpool leaders were in town to announce the company’s decision to construct the new facility which will be a LEED-certified (pertaining to a commitment to adhere to sustainable green principles), world-class factory located on a 120-acre site on Benton Pike near the Michigan Avenue Road intersection. The new site is only a few miles from the existing plant at 740 King Edward Ave. S.E.
Bradley County Mayor Gary Davis said Whirlpool made the conscientious commitment to remain—and to heavily invest—in the Cleveland community.
“They could have built anywhere in the world, but they chose to stay here in Cleveland and Bradley County,” Mayor Davis said.
You might like:
- 1,000th Michigan Business Lands Energy Incentives
- AvePoint Expanding In Richmond And Arlington County, Virginia
- Super Bowl 50 To Generate Over $220M For San Francisco Bay Area
- California, Illinois, Texas Lead The Charge Toward A Modernized Power Grid
- Valmiera Glass To Invest $90M In Georgia
- Grid Stars
- Indiana Electrical Grid Management Firm Adding 80+ Jobs
- Olympus Will Build National Service Center in Bartlett, TN
- Sustainable Corrugated Investing $15M In Georgia
- Rapid Growth Leads 2U To New Maryland HQ
- Icy Hot
- Illinois Is Top State For LEED Green Building
- Megabucks Park
- Daimler Trucks To Invest $22.7M In SC Freightliner Facilities
- Business Facilities LiveXchange Announces 2016 Keynote Panel