Whirlpool Corp. has decided to invest $120 million in a new premium cooking appliances factory in Cleveland, TN, according to a report in the Cleveland Daily Banner.
Al Holaday, vice president, manufacturing operations and quality for Whirlpool Corporation North America, told the Banner the Benton Harbor, MI-based home appliance manufacturer needs a modern facility as it continues to roll out new cooking products and decided to expand its existing operations in Cleveland, TN.
An additional 130 workers who are expected to be hired during the period leading up to the start-up of production in the new facility in Cleveland, TN expected to be sometime in first quarter 2012, he added.
Holaday, a longtime Whirlpool manufacturing and operations leader, addressed a huge crowd of Chamber of Commerce and community economic leaders, Cleveland city and Bradley County government representatives, state legislators and local Whirlpool officials during a gathering in the renovated facilities at the old Hardwick Woolen Mill building.
Whirlpool leaders were in town to announce the company’s decision to construct the new facility which will be a LEED-certified (pertaining to a commitment to adhere to sustainable green principles), world-class factory located on a 120-acre site on Benton Pike near the Michigan Avenue Road intersection. The new site is only a few miles from the existing plant at 740 King Edward Ave. S.E.
Bradley County Mayor Gary Davis said Whirlpool made the conscientious commitment to remain—and to heavily invest—in the Cleveland community.
“They could have built anywhere in the world, but they chose to stay here in Cleveland and Bradley County,” Mayor Davis said.
You might like:
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Data Cowboys
- Burn Baby Burn
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Life Sciences Companies Face Talent Crisis
- Duo Security, Inc. Adding 300 Jobs In Michigan
- Amazon.com Expanding In New Jersey
- Thomson Reuters Expanding Texas Operations
- B. Braun To Add 175 Jobs In Florida
- GM Investing Over $788M, Creating 781 Jobs In Tennessee
- ChartSpan Bringing 300 Jobs To South Carolina
- Allergan Breaks Ground On $200M Texas Expansion
- Tennessee Lands New Customer Service Center
- Battle of the Box