The South Carolina Department of Commerce and York County have announced that Supermetal Structures will locate its new manufacturing plant in York County. The $6.6 million investment is expected to generate at least 125 new jobs.
“The addition of a fabrication plant in the United States is a major coup for Supermetal. From now on we can include American content in our bids for government contracts. We will also be better equipped to serve the southern part of the continent and to protect ourselves from variations in the exchange rate,” said Jean-François Blouin, president and general manager of Supermetal. “Along with our enviable reputation and established position in North America, this addition will reinforce our competitiveness and speed our growth over the coming years.”
The new facility represents Supermetal Structures first investment in the U.S. The company has purchased the former Worthington Steel Building at 1345 Hall Spencer Road, and expects to have the facility online by the end of August. Supermetal Structures supplies, fabricates and erects structural steel for all types of projects whether they are in the commercial, institutional, industrial or civil sectors.
“South Carolina continues to attract investment from companies across the globe and Supermetal Structures’ decision to invest here is yet another example. York County was able to provide the company an excellent structure for adaptive reuse. Couple that with South Carolina’s business-friendly climate, skilled workforce and exceptional market access, and it is clear why Supermetal Structures chose to invest and create jobs here. We welcome the company to our state’s business community and look forward to their growth here,” said Joe Taylor, SC secretary of commerce.
York County Council Chairman Buddy Motz said, “International companies like Supermetal represent unique opportunities to showcase York County’s business assets to the world. We look forward to the new jobs and investment this company brings and appreciate their commitment to our community.”
The company has already begun the hiring process to fill positions at the plant. Anyone interested in job opportunities with the company should contact the Rock Hill Workforce Center at 1228 Fincher Road, or call (803) 328-3881.
An established Canadian manufacturer in North America, Supermetal Structures is known for the quality of its service, its culture of teamwork and its excellent labor relations. The Saint-Romuald-based company has more than 450 employees and specializes in the manufacture and installation of structural steel intended for commercial or industrial buildings.
You might like:
- 1,000th Michigan Business Lands Energy Incentives
- California, Illinois, Texas Lead The Charge Toward A Modernized Power Grid
- AvePoint Expanding In Richmond And Arlington County, Virginia
- Super Bowl 50 To Generate Over $220M For San Francisco Bay Area
- Grid Stars
- Valmiera Glass To Invest $90M In Georgia
- Indiana Electrical Grid Management Firm Adding 80+ Jobs
- Sustainable Corrugated Investing $15M In Georgia
- Illinois Is Top State For LEED Green Building
- Olympus Will Build National Service Center in Bartlett, TN
- Rapid Growth Leads 2U To New Maryland HQ
- Icy Hot
- Walking the Walk: Innovation Summit
- Business Facilities LiveXchange Announces 2016 Keynote Panel
- Daimler Trucks To Invest $22.7M In SC Freightliner Facilities