The South Carolina Department of Commerce and York County have announced that Supermetal Structures will locate its new manufacturing plant in York County. The $6.6 million investment is expected to generate at least 125 new jobs.
“The addition of a fabrication plant in the United States is a major coup for Supermetal. From now on we can include American content in our bids for government contracts. We will also be better equipped to serve the southern part of the continent and to protect ourselves from variations in the exchange rate,” said Jean-François Blouin, president and general manager of Supermetal. “Along with our enviable reputation and established position in North America, this addition will reinforce our competitiveness and speed our growth over the coming years.”
The new facility represents Supermetal Structures first investment in the U.S. The company has purchased the former Worthington Steel Building at 1345 Hall Spencer Road, and expects to have the facility online by the end of August. Supermetal Structures supplies, fabricates and erects structural steel for all types of projects whether they are in the commercial, institutional, industrial or civil sectors.
“South Carolina continues to attract investment from companies across the globe and Supermetal Structures’ decision to invest here is yet another example. York County was able to provide the company an excellent structure for adaptive reuse. Couple that with South Carolina’s business-friendly climate, skilled workforce and exceptional market access, and it is clear why Supermetal Structures chose to invest and create jobs here. We welcome the company to our state’s business community and look forward to their growth here,” said Joe Taylor, SC secretary of commerce.
York County Council Chairman Buddy Motz said, “International companies like Supermetal represent unique opportunities to showcase York County’s business assets to the world. We look forward to the new jobs and investment this company brings and appreciate their commitment to our community.”
The company has already begun the hiring process to fill positions at the plant. Anyone interested in job opportunities with the company should contact the Rock Hill Workforce Center at 1228 Fincher Road, or call (803) 328-3881.
An established Canadian manufacturer in North America, Supermetal Structures is known for the quality of its service, its culture of teamwork and its excellent labor relations. The Saint-Romuald-based company has more than 450 employees and specializes in the manufacture and installation of structural steel intended for commercial or industrial buildings.
You might like:
- 3D Systems Expanding In Tennessee
- Amazon Adding Two New Fulfillment Facilities In California
- Business Report: Illinois Leaders Form Non-Profit to Spur Job Creation
- Industry Focus: Aerospace Sector Is Flying High Again
- Data Cowboys
- Kansas City Launches “Smart City” Initiative
- Leading FDI Experts Analyze Global Trends At LiveXchange
- Michigan Hot Dog Maker To Expand, Hire 140 Workers
- Chicago Celebrates Technology Startup Hub Expansion, 700 New Tech Jobs
- Last Chance
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- State Focus: New York – Accelerating Biotech Innovation In The Empire State
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- SIG SAUER Moving Ammunition Manufacturing To Arkansas
- Salesforce To Grow Regional HQ, Add 800 Jobs In Indiana
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- Two-Way Street