From the Desk of the Editor in Chief
When we compiled last year’s annual Rankings Report, the watchword was survival—inclusion in one of our top 10 lists was, among other attributes, confirmation that your community was not a major casualty of the Great Recession.
This year, we are pleased to inform you that the primary criteria for our rankings calculation is growth. We took great care to assess the growth potential of each location’s strategic initiatives. Our rankings don’t just tell you who has jumped off the canvas and rejoined the jobs-creation battle: these standings are leading indicators of which locations are ready to thrive in the New Economy. In fact, we created a new state category—Economic Growth Potential—which identifies the emerging powerhouses poised to dominate the hottest growth sectors.
We also reconfigured our green rankings this year to address the emergence of a burgeoning alternative energy manufacturing sector, turbocharged with federal stimulus dollars, and the beginning of a renewable energy power grid. We encourage you to check out who is leading the pack in wind, solar and bioenergy.
And since we’re fixated on growth, we’ve grown the 2010 Rankings Report into a double-issue combining our state, metro and international rankings into one handy package.
We congratulate all of the top-ranked locations and thank them for filling our pages with good news. Call it our “Recovery Report.”
You might like:
- 3D Systems Expanding In Tennessee
- Amazon Adding Two New Fulfillment Facilities In California
- Business Report: Illinois Leaders Form Non-Profit to Spur Job Creation
- Industry Focus: Aerospace Sector Is Flying High Again
- Data Cowboys
- Kansas City Launches “Smart City” Initiative
- Leading FDI Experts Analyze Global Trends At LiveXchange
- Michigan Hot Dog Maker To Expand, Hire 140 Workers
- Chicago Celebrates Technology Startup Hub Expansion, 700 New Tech Jobs
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Last Chance
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Salesforce To Grow Regional HQ, Add 800 Jobs In Indiana
- State Focus: New York – Accelerating Biotech Innovation In The Empire State
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- Two-Way Street
- SIG SAUER Moving Ammunition Manufacturing To Arkansas