Gov. Chet Culver and CGS Tyre have announced that the company will invest $43 million in a new agricultural tire plant in Charles City, IA. The announcement was made at the Farm Progress Show.
CGS Tyre said it would create 159 jobs at the new plant, which is expected to open in 2012.
Gov. Culver said the Iowa Department of Economic Development has been talking about bringing the company to Iowa for the past six years. CGS Tyre and the Iowa DED signed an agreement at the news conference this week.
You might like:
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Data Cowboys
- Burn Baby Burn
- Life Sciences Companies Face Talent Crisis
- Duo Security, Inc. Adding 300 Jobs In Michigan
- Amazon.com Expanding In New Jersey
- GM Investing Over $788M, Creating 781 Jobs In Tennessee
- Airbus Expanding In Virginia
- Thomson Reuters Expanding Texas Operations
- ChartSpan Bringing 300 Jobs To South Carolina
- B. Braun To Add 175 Jobs In Florida
- OxyChem To Invest $145M In Louisiana Expansion
- Battle of the Box
- Cover Story: Global Biotech Report