Airport Cities Take Center Stage at ACED
Airport cities rapidly are becoming a central part of regional economic development strategies across the world. These airport hubs will be the focus of an upcoming event organized by Insight Media called “Aviation–The Catalyst for Economic Development” (ACED).
The ACED Conference & Exhibition, co-located with the 16th World Route Development Forum (World Routes), will take place September 20-21, 2010 at the Vancouver Convention Centre in Canada.
ACED 2010 explores the positive contribution that international gateway airport cities make to regional development and economic growth using a series of industry case studies. ACED 2010 will quantify the catalytic contribution of airports to this dynamic process and highlight the role of key partners including airports, airlines, economic development agencies, real-estate developers and the financial and investment communities.
The ACED conference will provide a prime opportunity to network with economic development agencies, architects and planners who are active in airport development, real estate developers interested in airport city projects, major construction and development companies, and real estate investment trusts and financial institutions.
Speakers at ACED 2010 will include:
Robert Boyle, Director of Business Strategy, British Airways
Vijay Poonoosamy, Vice President International & Public Affairs, Etihad Airways/Chairman – IATA Industry Affairs Committee
Fariba Alamdari, Vice President Market & Value Analysis, Boeing Commercial Airplanes
Charles E Schlumberger, Principal Air Transport Specialist, The World Bank Group
Jeff Fegan, CEO, Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport
Rainer Schwarz, CEO, Berlin Airports
Robert Ficano, CEO, Wayne County Executive
Patrick Heck, CFO, Denver International Airport
ACED 2010 will be co-located at the 16th World Route Development Forum (World Routes) for the second year in a row. World Routes is the annual meeting place of the air service development community and is the world’s largest gathering of airline and airport senior executives. ACED delegates have complimentary access to the joint ICAO/World Bank/Global Aviation Strategy Summit 2010 sessions 1 & 2 on September 20, 2010, all lunches & refreshment breaks in the Routes Networking Village, Boeing Tours and additional Social Networking activities.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open
- The Tree Pods are Coming