Airport cities rapidly are becoming a central part of regional economic development strategies across the world. These airport hubs will be the focus of an upcoming event organized by Insight Media called “Aviation–The Catalyst for Economic Development” (ACED).
The ACED Conference & Exhibition, co-located with the 16th World Route Development Forum (World Routes), will take place September 20-21, 2010 at the Vancouver Convention Centre in Canada.
ACED 2010 explores the positive contribution that international gateway airport cities make to regional development and economic growth using a series of industry case studies. ACED 2010 will quantify the catalytic contribution of airports to this dynamic process and highlight the role of key partners including airports, airlines, economic development agencies, real-estate developers and the financial and investment communities.
The ACED conference will provide a prime opportunity to network with economic development agencies, architects and planners who are active in airport development, real estate developers interested in airport city projects, major construction and development companies, and real estate investment trusts and financial institutions.
Speakers at ACED 2010 will include:
Robert Boyle, Director of Business Strategy, British Airways
Vijay Poonoosamy, Vice President International & Public Affairs, Etihad Airways/Chairman – IATA Industry Affairs Committee
Fariba Alamdari, Vice President Market & Value Analysis, Boeing Commercial Airplanes
Charles E Schlumberger, Principal Air Transport Specialist, The World Bank Group
Jeff Fegan, CEO, Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport
Rainer Schwarz, CEO, Berlin Airports
Robert Ficano, CEO, Wayne County Executive
Patrick Heck, CFO, Denver International Airport
ACED 2010 will be co-located at the 16th World Route Development Forum (World Routes) for the second year in a row. World Routes is the annual meeting place of the air service development community and is the world’s largest gathering of airline and airport senior executives. ACED delegates have complimentary access to the joint ICAO/World Bank/Global Aviation Strategy Summit 2010 sessions 1 & 2 on September 20, 2010, all lunches & refreshment breaks in the Routes Networking Village, Boeing Tours and additional Social Networking activities.
You might like:
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- Data Cowboys
- Burn Baby Burn
- Amazon.com Expanding In New Jersey
- Life Sciences Companies Face Talent Crisis
- GM Investing Over $788M, Creating 781 Jobs In Tennessee
- Duo Security, Inc. Adding 300 Jobs In Michigan
- Airbus Expanding In Virginia
- ChartSpan Bringing 300 Jobs To South Carolina
- Thomson Reuters Expanding Texas Operations
- Cover Story: Global Biotech Report
- B. Braun To Add 175 Jobs In Florida
- Hankook Tire To Invest $5M, Move North American HQ To Tennessee
- OxyChem To Invest $145M In Louisiana Expansion