Vogelsang Moves Manufacturing to KY
Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear has announced that Vogelsang Corporation will relocate its manufacturing operations from Lakewood, NJ to Georgetown, KY. The new 97,500 square-foot operation, which will be located in the former Johnson Controls facility on Main Street Extended, will create 43 new full-time jobs and represents a capital investment of nearly $3.5 million in the Commonwealth.
“Kentucky is delighted to welcome Vogelsang as its newest corporate citizen,” said Gov. Beshear. “Vogelsang’s new Georgetown manufacturing operation represents 43 new full-time jobs for Kentuckians and a multi-million investment. We are pleased to partner with Vogelsang and the Scott County community to make this project possible.”
Vogelsang, a major supplier to a variety of diverse markets, manufactures steel-based products such as RollPins, Coil Pins, hydro-bushings, weld-eye rings, agricultural bushings and more. The company’s customers, which are primarily located in the mid-south region of the United States, include more than 2,000 distributors and select original equipment manufacturers.
“Vogelsang has been operating for the past 38 years in one of the most expensive states in America. The opportunity to relocate to Kentucky gives us two extremely strong advantages, one—to be more competitive in the automotive sector, and two—a wealth of potential employees with automotive-based training,” said Dale Stuban, Vogelsang’s managing director. “We are extremely pleased with the cooperation the state of Kentucky has shown, along with the tremendous incentive package provided. For the past two years we have been working toward world-class stature and the new facility will simply get us there quicker.”
The Kentucky Economic Development Finance Authority preliminarily approved Vogelsang for tax incentives up to $900,000 through the Kentucky Business Investment program. The incentive can be earned over a 10-year period through corporate income tax credits and wage assessments.
“Scott County has always been known as the location of Toyota, and thus, manufacturing,” said George Lusby, Scott County Judge Executive. “Vogelsang continues that great tradition and we are most happy and pleased with their announcement to locate in Georgetown, Scott County. We trust that they will grow and prosper here.”
“The City of Georgetown is pleased to have Vogelsang Corporation join our strong manufacturing business community,” said Georgetown Mayor Karen Tingle-Sames. “Georgetown has proven its ability to create business-friendly relationships and we are looking forward to supporting Vogelsang and creating a long-lasting partnership.”
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open
- The Tree Pods are Coming