Canadian Chip Maker Plans HQ in Indiana
Saratoga Potato Chips, with international headquarters in Brampton, Ontario, is investing $4.9 million to establish a U.S. headquarters in Allen County, IN. The facility in Fort Wayne, which will be completed in 2013, will create 175 jobs. The Indiana Economic Development Corp. will provide $1 million in Economic Development for a Growing Economy tax credits for the project over a 10-year period.
The company makes traditional potato chips, kettle chips and popcorn. With about $27 million in sales last year, its arrival is significant, said Ashley Steenman, senior development officer with the Fort Wayne-Allen County Economic Development Alliance.
Saratoga’s owner, Peter Margie, also owns Olde York Potato Chips, which has a facility in Allen County. But the new business will be under the Saratoga name, making chips and perhaps popcorn for store brands, Steenman said. It will move into a 138,000-square-foot building that has been vacant for some time, she said.
“Saratoga’s Indiana headquarters gives us closer proximity to our U.S. customers, many of which are located in the Midwest. State and local officials have created an excellent business environment that made our decision to locate in Indiana an easy one,” Steenman said.
Allen County Council will consider phasing in taxes associated with the project. Saratoga could save nearly $131,520 on real and personal property taxes over seven years. The company is also eligible for $10,000 in recruitment and assessment services, $125,000 in job-specific training, and $10,000 in computer training services from WorkOne Northeast.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- GE To Add 120 Jobs, Invest $7.4M In Iowa Manufacturing Facility