Gov. Ed Rendell has announced that Pennsylvania is investing $2.2 million to assist Unilife Medical Solutions, an Australian medical supply company, to transfer its headquarters to Lewisberry to bring 241 new jobs to York County. Unilife received the loan as part of the state’s efforts to fund job-creating economic development projects.
More than $6.7 million in loans were approved for various business ventures in several counties, including York, Allegheny, Berks, Philadelphia and Washington counties.
Gov. Rendell said the projects approved for the loans—anging from $30,000 to $2.2 million—will create more than 10,000 new jobs in the state, according to the Department of Community and Economic Development.
Unilife’s $2.2-million loan was approved by the state’s Commonwealth Financing Authority, according to a press release from the state’s DCED. The new jobs will range from engineering and automated assembly to quality control and testing. Rendell said the $2.2 million the state is investing in Unilife also will serve as crucial gap financing to help it finish building a $27 million corporate headquarters and manufacturing facility, according to a report at yorkdispatch.com.
“Unilife made a commitment to Pennsylvania when it decided to move its global headquarters from Australia,” Rendell said in a statement. “We’re keeping our commitment by providing financial resources that will ensure this vital project is completed.”
Keystone Redevelopment Group LLC received the $2.2 million loan on behalf of Unilife Medical Solutions through the state’s Building PA Program, according to the DCED.
Unilife makes medical safety products such as pre-filled syringes to prevent accidental needle wounds. Last year, the company moved its headquarters into a 50,000-square-foot building formerly occupied by its subsidiary, Integrated BioSciences Inc., at 633 Lowther Road, but the projected increase in demand for its products has prompted the company to build a larger facility.
You might like:
- 3D Systems Expanding In Tennessee
- Amazon Adding Two New Fulfillment Facilities In California
- Business Report: Illinois Leaders Form Non-Profit to Spur Job Creation
- Industry Focus: Aerospace Sector Is Flying High Again
- Data Cowboys
- Kansas City Launches “Smart City” Initiative
- Leading FDI Experts Analyze Global Trends At LiveXchange
- Chicago Celebrates Technology Startup Hub Expansion, 700 New Tech Jobs
- Michigan Hot Dog Maker To Expand, Hire 140 Workers
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Last Chance
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Salesforce To Grow Regional HQ, Add 800 Jobs In Indiana
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- State Focus: New York – Accelerating Biotech Innovation In The Empire State
- Two-Way Street
- TeamHealth Expanding In Knoxville, TN