Ontario Awards 184 Mega-Projects for Renewable Energy
Ontario is awarding 184 renewable energy projects that will create a total of 2.5 gigawatts of alternative energy support under its feed-in tariff program for projects of more than 500 kilowatts in size, according to The Street.com.
The largest number of contract awards in solar were made to a Canadian solar company, Northland Power Solar, a company listed by the Ontario Power Authority (OPA) as Ontario Inc. and privately held San Fransisco-based Recurrent Energy. Both received more than 10 projects.
Recurrent Energy won the most individual contracts, with 23 contracts for a total of approximately 165MW of ground-based solar. Recurrent expects to invest $400 million across the Ontario solar projects. The private solar company, backed by Hudson Clean Energy Partners, has a global pipeline of 1GW. Ontario Inc. received 166 MW of solar contracts, while Northland received 130MW of solar projects.
You might like:
- Feature Story: Georgia Governor’s Report – Georgia’s High-Powered Growth Engine
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment