International credit information firm Experian plans to increase the size of its Allen, TX operation by almost a third, according to a report in the Dallas Morning News.
Experian signed a deal this week with the city of Allen to expand its operations by 300 people in exchange for increased economic incentives, the Allen Economic Development Corp. said. Experian plans additional business operations at its 300,000-square-foot complex in Allen’s Enterprise Business Park. About 600 Experian workers are housed in the facility, east of U.S. Highway 75.
Experian has had operations in Allen since 1993 and is the Collin County city’s largest employer. The company has facilities in Allen for several business groups, including its National Consumer Assistance Center and its Decision Analytics, Information Technology and Public Education groups.
In 2008, Experian renewed its lease at the Enterprise Business Park for 10 years, according to Robert R. Winningham, Allen Economic Development CEO. The new agreement calls for Allen to provide funds to remodel and build new offices in the Enterprise Business Park building that Experian will use. Winningham said the value of the incentive depends on how much growth the company has. It could be as much as $1.5 million paid over 10 years. But to receive all the incentive funds for the building renovation, Experian would have to invest $30 million.
“Experian’s positive relationship with the city has influenced our decision to move additional business here,” said Carlos Medina, senior vice president of global operations.
You might like:
- 1,000th Michigan Business Lands Energy Incentives
- California, Illinois, Texas Lead The Charge Toward A Modernized Power Grid
- AvePoint Expanding In Richmond And Arlington County, Virginia
- Super Bowl 50 To Generate Over $220M For San Francisco Bay Area
- Grid Stars
- Valmiera Glass To Invest $90M In Georgia
- Indiana Electrical Grid Management Firm Adding 80+ Jobs
- Sustainable Corrugated Investing $15M In Georgia
- Illinois Is Top State For LEED Green Building
- Olympus Will Build National Service Center in Bartlett, TN
- Rapid Growth Leads 2U To New Maryland HQ
- Icy Hot
- Walking the Walk: Innovation Summit
- Business Facilities LiveXchange Announces 2016 Keynote Panel
- Daimler Trucks To Invest $22.7M In SC Freightliner Facilities