Schulz Invests $300 Million in MS Pipe Plant
Wilh. Schulz GMBH has decided to locate a new $300-million seamless pipe manufacturing facility in Mississippi, Gov Haley Barbour and officials from Schulz announced on Monday.
The company, a global supplier of piping components headquartered in Krefeld, Germany selected Tunica County, MS, as the location for its new pipe manufacturing plant. The company’s Mississippi division, which will be known as Schulz Xtruded Products (SXP) will create 500 new jobs at the facility over the next five years. The Tunica County operation will be the company’s first production facility in North America.
Gov. Barbour welcomed the industry leader to Mississippi and commended company officials for their commitment to doing business in the state and for the jobs they are creating in the Mississippi Delta. Barbour reportedly asked the Mississippi state legislature to enact a special package of incentives to seal the deal with Schulz.
MDA Executive Director Gray Swoope said the company’s new facility in Tunica County will employ state-of-the-art pipe manufacturing processes. The German company was attracted to Mississippi’s skilled and dedicated workforce, he added.
Schulz produces and supplies stainless steel and alloy steel seamless pipe products, including seamless and welded pipes, fittings such as elbows, tees, reducers, caps, bends and flanges, and specialized pipe components.
Established in 1945, the company is a recognized leader in the industry, specializing in serving the up- and downstream oil and gas sectors and the nuclear and fossil fuel power plant industry. The company also serves the water treatment industry, with a focus on desalination, as well as facilities in diverse areas of the chemical industry.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open
- The Tree Pods are Coming