Cream of the Crop
From the Desk of the Editor in Chief
The Harvest Moon comes in October this year, so we can’t think of a more appropriate time to present our annual Editors’ Location Picks.
According to folklore, the first farmers in the United States were able to work into the night by the light of the Harvest Moon. With fields illuminated by the giant reddish orb hanging low and large just over the horizon, they gathered corn, pumpkins, squash, beans and wild rice—staples they learned to grow from Native Americans.
We’ve gathered the fruits of an entire year’s worth of coverage of the economic development landscape, taking special care to pick the cream of the crop. These are the growth leaders. Some of them are perennials, but all have weathered a brutal spring and summer business climate that threatened to wither even the healthiest and hardiest locations.
This year’s location picks have not just survived—they’ve thrived. And the economic caretakers who are tilling these productive fields have made sure to leave plenty of fertile ground for robust future growth. Even as they harvest this year’s bounty of new jobs, they are busy planting seeds for the jobs of the future.
We invite you to sample some of the tasty selections in our harvest basket, from scenic Roanoke, VA, where an historic railroad line is giving way to a new economic engine, to Tucson, AZ, where it rarely rains and the locals literally are harnessing the power of the sun.
Enjoy, and savor.
You might like:
- 1,000th Michigan Business Lands Energy Incentives
- AvePoint Expanding In Richmond And Arlington County, Virginia
- Super Bowl 50 To Generate Over $220M For San Francisco Bay Area
- California, Illinois, Texas Lead The Charge Toward A Modernized Power Grid
- Valmiera Glass To Invest $90M In Georgia
- Grid Stars
- Indiana Electrical Grid Management Firm Adding 80+ Jobs
- Olympus Will Build National Service Center in Bartlett, TN
- Sustainable Corrugated Investing $15M In Georgia
- Rapid Growth Leads 2U To New Maryland HQ
- Icy Hot
- Illinois Is Top State For LEED Green Building
- Megabucks Park
- Daimler Trucks To Invest $22.7M In SC Freightliner Facilities
- Business Facilities LiveXchange Announces 2016 Keynote Panel