Village of Wheeling, IL
HOT BUSINESS CENTER WITH THE COMMUNITY AT HEART
Home to 40,000 residents and honored in Family Circle magazine as one of 2008’s “Top Places in the U.S. to Raise a Family”, The Village of Wheeling in Cook County, IL is recognized for its globally diverse population, educational system and parks and recreation opportunities that provide an outstanding quality of life for families and businesses alike. The Village also was awarded an Illinois governor’s Home Town Award in 2008 for the active volunteer spirit in the community.
Six major hospitals and community educational institutions, including National Louis University, Harper College and Solex College, are nearby, and complement the acclaimed educational opportunities the Chicagoland area is known for. A variety of age and styles of housing are available, from affordable single family homes to condominiums and rental apartments that allow all types of residents to find the best accommodations to suit them.
BUSINESS TRANSPORTATION MAKES ACCESS EASIER
Wheeling is located in the heart of the Chicago area, central to markets across the nation. Nine miles north of O’Hare International Airport; immediate access to I-295 (Tri-State Tollway), I-355 and regional highways; and passenger and freight rail service to its business parks at Wheeling Metra train station, offering convenient transit options for the region’s workforce, has Wheeling businesses enjoying easy access to and from various destinations. Wheeling is also co-owner of Chicago Executive Airport, which handles nearly 200,000 private and corporate flights each year. Having successfully leveraged its transportation amenities, it has become a magnet for corporate, hospitality and manufacturing industries.
Wheeling has more than 12 million square feet of industrial space and is home to more than 470 commercial and retail establishments, bringing the total of licensed businesses in the Village to approximately 850. Local government administration aggressively encourages the development of new retail and industrial businesses and has implemented a number of incentive and financing programs to encourage its continued growth. The Village of Wheeling’s Economic Development Department regularly monitors local real estate conditions and maintains an updated list of available buildings and land development opportunities.
Eat, Shop, Eat on Milwaukee Avenue
Wheeling is an entertainment destination for diners and shoppers in the area. Home to the renowned ‘Restaurant Row’, along the Milwaukee Avenue corridor, Wheeling offers dozens of opportunities for unique, upscale dining with additional options on the way. Within the Village limits are a dozen different shopping centers, providing a variety of convenient retail and consumer services to residents and tourists.
THE VILLAGE GREEN
The state of Illinois administers many environmentally friendly programs to help residents and business “green” their homes, workplaces and the community. Some of the many steps being taken toward a sustainable future in the Village of Wheeling (and the rest of Illinois) include:
• Solar Energy Rebate Program–– provides 30 percent of eligible costs up to $10,000 for the installation of solar thermal or solar photovoltaic equipment
• Small Business $mart Energy
Program (SB$E)––provides energy efficiency technical services for small to medium-sized for-profit businesses which identify opportunities for energy savings through intelligent building design and efficient building components and systems
• Illinois Alternate Fuels Rebate Program—the EPA offers rebates for alternate fuel vehicles, conversion systems or alternate fuel purchased from an Illinois company or vendor
• Streamlined Cleanup and Lakeshore Enhancement Program (SCALE)––offers monetary awards for organizations that have established recurring streambank or lakeshore cleanup.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open
- The Tree Pods are Coming