From the Desk of the Editor in Chief
Every month, Business Facilities publishes a department we call Metro Spotlight, in which we highlight the attractions of a single metropolitan area and try to tell you everything you need to know if you are considering locating your next facility in this community.
This month, we publish the ultimate Metro Spotlight: our 2009 Metro Rankings Report.
On these pages, we have put all of the MSAs in the country under our statistical and analytical microscope and compared them to each other. As we do with our annual state rankings, we have made our best effort to apply a unique set of criteria that gives added credibility to the results.
Some of the winners may surprise you, but rest assured they all are worthy of consideration for your next site selection decision. We predict that our new ranking for Best Economic Growth Potential will become one of our most coveted designations.
We also are saddened to report in this issue the loss of Mike Hickey, who passed away last month after a battle with cancer at the age of 59. Mike was a longtime member of the Business Facilities Editorial Advisory Board, and a popular speaker at our LiveXchange events. We valued his wise counsel as a leading economic development professional and strategist.
Mike was one of this magazine’s strongest pillars, and he was a great friend to all who knew him. He will be sorely missed.
You might like:
- Thomson Reuters Expanding Texas Operations
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- State Focus – Kansas: The Sunflower State Is Blooming and Booming
- Feature Story: 2016 Economic Development Awards
- Automotive Industry Focus: Hitting On All Cylinders
- Cover Story: Global Biotech Report
- Race to a Smart Future
- DH Pace Company Expands Kansas HQ Facility
- Toyota Chooses Ann Arbor For Third U.S. Research Facility
- Heroic Efforts In California
- Water on the Brain
- Cape Coral Economic Development Office: Location Spotlight of the Week
- GM Investing Over $788M, Creating 781 Jobs In Tennessee
- Axiall, Lotte Invest $3 Billion in Louisiana Chemical Plants
- Monsanto To Invest $975M In Louisiana Expansion
- Auto Supply Manufacturer Adding 80 Jobs In Indiana
- $25 Million Pledged for Economic Development Partnership in Flint, Michigan Amid Water Crisis