DED Tax Credits Spur $17.8 Million Investment in KC
The Missouri Department of Economic Development (DED) has approved state tax credits for a Kansas City business under the Enhanced Enterprise Zone (EEZ) program to assist in the creation of new jobs.
Mars Petcare US, Inc., has been approved for $971,660 in EEZ tax credits over a five-year period for the creation of 157 new jobs and new investment of $17,800,000 at 1315 N. Chouteau Trafficway, Kansas City. The business operations at the project facility will be a manufacturing facility.
“Our top priority is to support economic development and help to create jobs,” DED Director Linda Martínez said. “Helping Kansas City utilize the important Enhanced Enterprise Zone program to support its economic development initiatives demonstrates our continued commitment to getting Missouri’s economy back on track.”
The Enhanced Enterprise Zone program was implemented in 2004. Enhanced enterprise zones are specified geographic areas designated by local governments and certified by the Department of Economic Development. Zone designation is based on certain demographic criteria, the potential to create sustainable jobs in a targeted industry and a demonstrated impact on local cluster development.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open