Gwinnett Chamber Economic Development is pleased to announce that NCR, a Fortune 500 technology company, will relocate its global headquarters to Gwinnett County, Metro Atlanta, Georgia, expanding the company’s existing Southeastern presence and creating 1,250 new jobs for the Gwinnett community. The expansion represents yet another project win for the nationally-recognized, award-winning, community and economic development initiative, Partnership Gwinnett. NCR’s relocation also marks the second successful recruitment of a Fortune 500 corporate headquarters to Gwinnett in less than a year, joining Asbury Automotive’s relocation last summer.
Gwinnett County Commission Chairman Charles Bannister commented, “High-tech, high-wage jobs – like those being created by NCR – are essential to the positive growth and development of Gwinnett’s business community. NCR’s decision to relocate its corporate headquarters and expand in Duluth demonstrates Gwinnett County’s position as a leading southeast hub for corporate business and lifestyle.”
The Gwinnett Economic Development Team began working with our partners at the State and Georgia Power on this second-phase project in late 2007. In October of 2008, the first phase of NCR’s Duluth-based relocation created more than 300 jobs, of which, the first 100 averaged six-figure salaries.
“In total, NCR will have announced the relocation of more than 1,500 new jobs to Gwinnett within the last year,” said Nick Masino, Gwinnett Chamber VP of Economic Development & Partnership Gwinnett. “NCR’s announcement today exemplifies exactly why we do what we do in economic development in partnership with our pro-business county government and our many Partnership Gwinnett investors.”
Lauren Salas, Corporate Office Business Development Manager for the Gwinnett Chamber, worked with the State to finalize details for NCR’s relocation to Gwinnett.
“NCR has had a strong presence in Gwinnett for several years,” commented Salas. “We worked with them to maximize the value of their choice to stay and expand here and are glad to see them do so.”
NCR joins a host of technology businesses with global and national headquarters or major footprints in Gwinnett County, GA. Major technology companies in Gwinnett include Cisco Systems (formerly Scientific Atlanta), EMS Technologies, Quality Technical Services, Sage Software and CCP North America to name a few. Gwinnett also boasts more than half a dozen data center companies in the area and offers competitive fiber and power options.
Since the launch of the Partnership Gwinnett strategy in 2007, more than 60 companies have expanded or relocated in Gwinnett resulting in more than 5,000 new high-wage jobs. Since 2000, Gwinnett County has also led the state of Georgia in job creation and is a leading job center in the Southeast.
You might like:
- 3D Systems Expanding In Tennessee
- Amazon Adding Two New Fulfillment Facilities In California
- Business Report: Illinois Leaders Form Non-Profit to Spur Job Creation
- Industry Focus: Aerospace Sector Is Flying High Again
- Data Cowboys
- Kansas City Launches “Smart City” Initiative
- Leading FDI Experts Analyze Global Trends At LiveXchange
- Michigan Hot Dog Maker To Expand, Hire 140 Workers
- Chicago Celebrates Technology Startup Hub Expansion, 700 New Tech Jobs
- Last Chance
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Salesforce To Grow Regional HQ, Add 800 Jobs In Indiana
- State Focus: New York – Accelerating Biotech Innovation In The Empire State
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- SIG SAUER Moving Ammunition Manufacturing To Arkansas
- Two-Way Street