Tech Company Expands into Metro Atlanta
Gwinnett Chamber Economic Development is pleased to announce that NCR, a Fortune 500 technology company, will relocate its global headquarters to Gwinnett County, Metro Atlanta, Georgia, expanding the company’s existing Southeastern presence and creating 1,250 new jobs for the Gwinnett community. The expansion represents yet another project win for the nationally-recognized, award-winning, community and economic development initiative, Partnership Gwinnett. NCR’s relocation also marks the second successful recruitment of a Fortune 500 corporate headquarters to Gwinnett in less than a year, joining Asbury Automotive’s relocation last summer.
Gwinnett County Commission Chairman Charles Bannister commented, “High-tech, high-wage jobs – like those being created by NCR – are essential to the positive growth and development of Gwinnett’s business community. NCR’s decision to relocate its corporate headquarters and expand in Duluth demonstrates Gwinnett County’s position as a leading southeast hub for corporate business and lifestyle.”
The Gwinnett Economic Development Team began working with our partners at the State and Georgia Power on this second-phase project in late 2007. In October of 2008, the first phase of NCR’s Duluth-based relocation created more than 300 jobs, of which, the first 100 averaged six-figure salaries.
“In total, NCR will have announced the relocation of more than 1,500 new jobs to Gwinnett within the last year,” said Nick Masino, Gwinnett Chamber VP of Economic Development & Partnership Gwinnett. “NCR’s announcement today exemplifies exactly why we do what we do in economic development in partnership with our pro-business county government and our many Partnership Gwinnett investors.”
Lauren Salas, Corporate Office Business Development Manager for the Gwinnett Chamber, worked with the State to finalize details for NCR’s relocation to Gwinnett.
“NCR has had a strong presence in Gwinnett for several years,” commented Salas. “We worked with them to maximize the value of their choice to stay and expand here and are glad to see them do so.”
NCR joins a host of technology businesses with global and national headquarters or major footprints in Gwinnett County, GA. Major technology companies in Gwinnett include Cisco Systems (formerly Scientific Atlanta), EMS Technologies, Quality Technical Services, Sage Software and CCP North America to name a few. Gwinnett also boasts more than half a dozen data center companies in the area and offers competitive fiber and power options.
Since the launch of the Partnership Gwinnett strategy in 2007, more than 60 companies have expanded or relocated in Gwinnett resulting in more than 5,000 new high-wage jobs. Since 2000, Gwinnett County has also led the state of Georgia in job creation and is a leading job center in the Southeast.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- GE To Add 120 Jobs, Invest $7.4M In Iowa Manufacturing Facility