DaVita Inc., a leading provider of kidney care services for those diagnosed with chronic kidney disease (CKD), has decided to move its corporate headquarters to Denver, CO, from El Segundo, CA.
Since DaVita started in 1999, it has grown to become a FORTUNE 500(R) company with nearly $6 billion in annual revenues. The company operates more than 1,400 outpatient dialysis centers and acute units in more than 700 hospitals in 43 states. DaVita—which is Italian for ”giving life”—currently has more than 32,000 teammates around the nation and serves more than 114,000 patients with life-saving kidney care treatment. Nearly one-in-three dialysis patients in the United States is a DaVita patient.
”We’re very pleased to announce our search is over and we’ve selected the Denver area to make our home,” said Kent Thiry, DaVita chairman and CEO. “I want to thank Governor Ritter, Mayor Hickenlooper and their staffs for making such a tremendous effort in helping us choose Colorado.”
The company said its decision to select the Denver area for DaVita’s corporate headquarters was based on several factors, including —
— The city’s geographic location is ideal for a nationwide company with facilities and operations spread across nearly every state in the country;
— The relative costs in the area are less expensive for families and companies alike;
— Denver is widely considered to be a highly desirable place to live and work; and
— DaVita” significant existing presence in the region provides a solid foundation upon which the company can continue to grow.
The company expects to see millions of dollars in savings over time as a result of the change.
”DaVita’s decision to move its headquarters is a great coup for metro Denver and the state of Colorado,” said Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper. ”DaVita is one of the biggest and the best in its industry. The company’s decision reaffirms what we know is true about our community — that Denver is one of the best places in the nation to work and play. We are proud DaVita chose to call Colorado home.”
As part of DaVita’s extensive network of outpatient facilities and acute units, DaVita has nearly 30 outpatient facilities statewide and a total of nearly 800 employees serving approximately 2,000 kidney care patients around the state.
You might like:
- 1,000th Michigan Business Lands Energy Incentives
- California, Illinois, Texas Lead The Charge Toward A Modernized Power Grid
- AvePoint Expanding In Richmond And Arlington County, Virginia
- Super Bowl 50 To Generate Over $220M For San Francisco Bay Area
- Grid Stars
- Valmiera Glass To Invest $90M In Georgia
- Indiana Electrical Grid Management Firm Adding 80+ Jobs
- Sustainable Corrugated Investing $15M In Georgia
- Rapid Growth Leads 2U To New Maryland HQ
- Olympus Will Build National Service Center in Bartlett, TN
- Illinois Is Top State For LEED Green Building
- Icy Hot
- Walking the Walk
- Business Facilities LiveXchange Announces 2016 Keynote Panel
- Daimler Trucks To Invest $22.7M In SC Freightliner Facilities