The Blago Infamy Factory Expands
On April 23rd, I declared as the “Best Idea of the Week” an Illinois’ court’s denial of Rod Blagojevich’s participation in an upcoming reality show, “I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!” Citing reasons such as his pending criminal charges and the fact that he is not a celebrity, I felt Blago did not deserve to use his impeachment as a launching pad to TV stardom and monetary reward.
Well, the Chicago Sun-Times reports today:
In another bizarre chapter of Illinois political history, the wife of onetime governor Rod Blagojevich is likely to finalize a deal this week to appear in a reality TV show.
“It appears she’s going to do it,” said Sheldon Sorosky, attorney for Rod Blagojevich.
Sorosky said Patti Blagojevich plans to fly to Los Angeles this week to finalize a deal to appear on the new NBC prime time TV show: “I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!” There’s no indication what NBC has offered to pay Mrs. Blagojevich, but her husband’s onetime deal called for up to $123,000.
NBC executives sought to woo Patti Blagojevich onto the show almost immediately after U.S. District Judge James Zagel last month blocked the former governor from being a contestant.
The show will be filmed in Costa Rica. Because of the federal charges against Rod Blagojevich, he needed approval to leave the country.
Meanwhile, Sam Adam Jr., onetime lawyer for R&B star R. Kelly, formally filed his intent with the court to act as the ex-governor’s lawyer.
“I’m ready to go,” he said Monday.
I’m really not a fan of the advancement of despicable people due to their despicable actions. “Profane Patt” is even less of a celebrity than her husband, for starters, but NBC’s hasty move to replace the ex-governor with one of his (life) partners in crime is nauseating. Surely there are other fame-hungry, D-list attention seekers who would be willing to compete for cash in Costa Rica. Give Anne Coulter a call. I hear Manny Ramirez has some time to spare. Pluck out one of the Jackson 5 or one of the Brady Bunch. Anyone but ousted politicians and/or their spouses.
An even better idea for NBC: fill the Costa Rican jungle with American who were recently laid off from their jobs. Let THEM compete for cash.
You might like:
- 1,000th Michigan Business Lands Energy Incentives
- AvePoint Expanding In Richmond And Arlington County, Virginia
- Super Bowl 50 To Generate Over $220M For San Francisco Bay Area
- California, Illinois, Texas Lead The Charge Toward A Modernized Power Grid
- Valmiera Glass To Invest $90M In Georgia
- Grid Stars
- Indiana Electrical Grid Management Firm Adding 80+ Jobs
- Olympus Will Build National Service Center in Bartlett, TN
- Sustainable Corrugated Investing $15M In Georgia
- Rapid Growth Leads 2U To New Maryland HQ
- Icy Hot
- Illinois Is Top State For LEED Green Building
- Megabucks Park
- Daimler Trucks To Invest $22.7M In SC Freightliner Facilities
- Business Facilities LiveXchange Announces 2016 Keynote Panel