Cbeyond Inc. plans to double the size of its operations in Georgia, creating more than 600 new jobs as it builds out a new call center and training facility in Cobb County.
The Atlanta-based provider of voice, broadband, and mobile services to small businesses will grow its Georgia employment from about 700 to more than 1,400 by 2013. Jobs will range from sales, customer care, Information Technology (IT), operations and marketing.
The expansion will be at Cbeyond’s Interstate North Parkway location off Windy Hill Road and Interstate 75.
Cbeyond started Atlanta in 2000 with only 15 employees. It now has more than 700 employees in Atlanta and more than 1,600 across the country. Forbes magazine recently named it the sixth-fastest growing technology company in the country.
“We have built Cbeyond from the ground up in Georgia and we are pleased to continue expanding our operations here,” said Jim Geiger, CEO of Cbeyond, in a news release. “Considering the difficult times facing the U.S. economy, having the opportunity to bring much needed economic development to Atlanta is gratifying, and is a testament to our business model. Georgia’s talent pool is robust and those future employees will allow us to grow to the next level.”
You might like:
- Industry Focus: Aerospace Sector Is Flying High Again
- Salesforce To Grow Regional HQ, Add 800 Jobs In Indiana
- Data Cowboys
- Burn Baby Burn
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- Leading FDI Experts Analyze Global Trends At LiveXchange
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Duo Security, Inc. Adding 300 Jobs In Michigan
- Life Sciences Companies Face Talent Crisis
- Tennessee Lands New Customer Service Center
- Companies Shifting Cost Strategies In Turbulent Global Markets
- Thomson Reuters Expanding Texas Operations
- B. Braun To Add 175 Jobs In Florida
- Amazon.com Expanding In New Jersey