Cbeyond Inc. plans to double the size of its operations in Georgia, creating more than 600 new jobs as it builds out a new call center and training facility in Cobb County.
The Atlanta-based provider of voice, broadband, and mobile services to small businesses will grow its Georgia employment from about 700 to more than 1,400 by 2013. Jobs will range from sales, customer care, Information Technology (IT), operations and marketing.
The expansion will be at Cbeyond’s Interstate North Parkway location off Windy Hill Road and Interstate 75.
Cbeyond started Atlanta in 2000 with only 15 employees. It now has more than 700 employees in Atlanta and more than 1,600 across the country. Forbes magazine recently named it the sixth-fastest growing technology company in the country.
“We have built Cbeyond from the ground up in Georgia and we are pleased to continue expanding our operations here,” said Jim Geiger, CEO of Cbeyond, in a news release. “Considering the difficult times facing the U.S. economy, having the opportunity to bring much needed economic development to Atlanta is gratifying, and is a testament to our business model. Georgia’s talent pool is robust and those future employees will allow us to grow to the next level.”
You might like:
- 1,000th Michigan Business Lands Energy Incentives
- California, Illinois, Texas Lead The Charge Toward A Modernized Power Grid
- AvePoint Expanding In Richmond And Arlington County, Virginia
- Super Bowl 50 To Generate Over $220M For San Francisco Bay Area
- Grid Stars
- Valmiera Glass To Invest $90M In Georgia
- Indiana Electrical Grid Management Firm Adding 80+ Jobs
- Sustainable Corrugated Investing $15M In Georgia
- Illinois Is Top State For LEED Green Building
- Olympus Will Build National Service Center in Bartlett, TN
- Rapid Growth Leads 2U To New Maryland HQ
- Icy Hot
- Walking the Walk: Innovation Summit
- Business Facilities LiveXchange Announces 2016 Keynote Panel
- Daimler Trucks To Invest $22.7M In SC Freightliner Facilities