Family-owned Company Expands in Michigan
ABMyr Industries recently announced it is expanding its Belleville, MI operation, which will create 38 new jobs by 2011. The family-owned company invested more than $2 million to build and equip a 50,000-square-foot metal fabrication, prototyping and production center within its current facility.
ABMyr Industries’ new services utilize a state-of-the-art Mitsubishi Laser Cutter, which produces computer-precision cuts, sealed edges and improved appearance. Combined with their full service metal fabrication and welding shop, ABMyr can provide metal parts assembly, rapid prototyping and production.
“Entrepreneurial firms like ABMyr Industries are diversifying and strengthening our economy,” said Van Buren Township Supervisor Cindy King.
“We are very excited about ABMyr’s continued growth and creation of new job opportunities. Their expanded presence in the Belleville area is another sign that Belleville continues to be a viable place to live and do business,” added Belleville Mayor Richard Smith.
“For over 80 years ABMyr Industries has delivered precision machined products for the automotive, agriculture, appliance, aerospace, and general manufacturing industries. We are proud to leverage this vast experience to provide custom metal fabrication services for small and large product design and manufacturing firms,” said Shane Gerkin, senior vice president of ABMyr Industries.
You might like:
- Feature Story: Georgia Governor’s Report – Georgia’s High-Powered Growth Engine
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment