From the Desk of the Editor in Chief
The words “real estate” and “disaster” often have been uttered in the same sentence in recent weeks as the upheaval in the financial system has impacted across global markets.
But, believe it or not, we think there are some good reasons to embrace optimism in these gloomy times.
The three initiatives featured in this month’s cover focus remind us that the fundamentals of successful commercial real estate development remain unchanged—and that those who apply them will be rewarded.
These fundamentals are being put to work by Kodak to transform its original production site in upstate New York into a blossoming 800-acre commercial/industrial complex called Eastman Business Park. Kodak is leveraging assets built for large-scale film production—including its own power supply—into a powerful magnet for a wide range of business enterprises.
Studley gave us an inside look at the intricate negotiations that resulted in a new West Coast facility for Fox Interactive, parent of MySpace. Creativity, flexibility and business smarts all were put to good use to bring a successful project to fruition.
And Group C Media, Inc. is applying its successful matchmaking formula to the real estate services sector in a new event, Commercial Property Navigator LiveXchange.
This is our way of saying that, while present indicators may be pointing down, this, too, will pass. We prefer to look up.
You might like:
- Thomson Reuters Expanding Texas Operations
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- State Focus – Kansas: The Sunflower State Is Blooming and Booming
- Feature Story: 2016 Economic Development Awards
- Automotive Industry Focus: Hitting On All Cylinders
- Cover Story: Global Biotech Report
- Race to a Smart Future
- Toyota Chooses Ann Arbor For Third U.S. Research Facility
- DH Pace Company Expands Kansas HQ Facility
- Heroic Efforts In California
- Water on the Brain
- Cape Coral Economic Development Office: Location Spotlight of the Week
- GM Investing Over $788M, Creating 781 Jobs In Tennessee
- Axiall, Lotte Invest $3 Billion in Louisiana Chemical Plants
- Monsanto To Invest $975M In Louisiana Expansion
- $25 Million Pledged for Economic Development Partnership in Flint, Michigan Amid Water Crisis
- Auto Supply Manufacturer Adding 80 Jobs In Indiana