A new global business focus is quickening the pulse and changing the face of Virginia’s economy.
Launched in 2007, the Virginia International Trade Alliance (VITAL) is a collaboration of more than 60 companies across the state that aims to promote and advance international trade and investment. More specifically, VITAL initiatives include establishing a referral network for international inquiries;
creating a consortium of private-sector service providers to assist foreign companies interested in establishing a presence in Virginia; developing an online service exporters directory; and selecting a slogan for use in marketing Virginia globally. The Virginia Economic Development Partnership and the Virginia Port Authority will support VITAL’s efforts by providing staff assistance.
VITAL participants will serve as a central point for the development of a coordinated international marketing strategy, and will form task forces focused on key areas, such as branding Virginia, emerging markets, foreign-owned companies, global logistics, and building stronger relations with the emerging markets of China and India.
VITAL is already showing signs of life. In November, London-based Rolls-Royce announced it will build a state-of-the-art aeroengine facility in Prince George County, VA. Initially, the company will invest $100 million to establish an assembly and test facility for its civil aerospace operations. Over time, the company has options to invest up to $500 million to support future advanced manufacturing. The projects will create 500 new jobs. Virginia successfully competed against Georgia, Indiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, and Texas, as well as locations overseas.
“Rolls-Royce’s investment is transformational,” says Virginia Governor Timothy M. Kaine. “The company, which operates in four global markets, will bring international focus to our state’s aerospace industry.”
You might like:
- 1,000th Michigan Business Lands Energy Incentives
- California, Illinois, Texas Lead The Charge Toward A Modernized Power Grid
- AvePoint Expanding In Richmond And Arlington County, Virginia
- Super Bowl 50 To Generate Over $220M For San Francisco Bay Area
- Grid Stars
- Valmiera Glass To Invest $90M In Georgia
- Indiana Electrical Grid Management Firm Adding 80+ Jobs
- Sustainable Corrugated Investing $15M In Georgia
- Illinois Is Top State For LEED Green Building
- Olympus Will Build National Service Center in Bartlett, TN
- Rapid Growth Leads 2U To New Maryland HQ
- Icy Hot
- Walking the Walk: Innovation Summit
- Business Facilities LiveXchange Announces 2016 Keynote Panel
- Daimler Trucks To Invest $22.7M In SC Freightliner Facilities